domingo, 2 de octubre de 2011

Bueno, alguna publicación en inglés tenía que haber

(July, 2009)

So my two bookshelves collapsed, and in the middle of the chaos of rubble, torn books and shattered glass, I found my old magnetic poetry set.

Totally ignoring the task of cleaning up this ridiculous mess, I sit down with the board on my lap, looking at what survived:

look above
snow here
when
color melts our
dream will have to
take off too

if time could always be
a sky petal

they sizzle and shiver
as rain falls
like fire

all I ask from you is to
remember

cry between morning and night
did we keep a dance
which or how

my only wedding is
with nature

party
every day
month season

summer
springing

child
and green and
never
dark


I know there was more. All gone now. But this last one, the penmanship of which is, unmistakably, Vera's:

mom thinks a
happy love