jueves, 25 de octubre de 2018

Happy Places

I've been reflecting a lot lately about age and death, about how to embrace all changes as they come, and about how to live a meaningful life. Because the only certainty we have is that we are all aging and we are all going to die. I've realized how I appreciate the marks and the sagging of my skin, the wrinkles, the gray hairs. How I appreciate that mi eyesight is not what it used to be. How I have the privilege of good health and a long life expectancy.
Today, I came across this wonderful quote, and I felt I related to it in so many beautiful ways: "All the trees are losing their leaves, and not one of them is worried." ~ Donald Miller.
Life is good. Aging is good. And death will be the culmination of an incredible journey. I'm never going to grow older: I'm constantly growing happier.